Transition Program Goals:
- Assist students with developmental disabilities to transition from school to Community Employment.
- Provide students and families with information on post-high school employment and other community-based opportunities.
- Connect schools and employers to create employment opportunities.
The Transition Specialist Will:
- Conduct individual assessments with students and families to determine skills, preferences, and needs.
- Assist area schools in obtaining and retaining competitive employment for students with disabilities.
- Assist area schools with training and follow-along services for students in their competitive employment sites.
- Help coordinate transportation services to and from work.
- Assist students and families in obtaining and retaining eligible benefits (Social Security benefits, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between area schools, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and RCS
- And provide information on:
- Available benefits
- Availability of Sheboygan County services
- Transportation services
- Guardianship and representative payee services
- Residential programs
- Recreational opportunities in the community
- RCS Work Services
For more information contact:
Transition Case Manager
Phone: 920-458-8261 ext. 1206